Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Reboot

I've got to say that I have just been feeling very hollow lately. I think it's time to get going again. I was very hesitant about taking a semester without any classes and I see now that it was a mistake. Without any kind of driving force I've gotten a little bogged down in my mind. Stuck in my boring job with nothing to do pretty much all day and no outlet for creativity but my writing, which isn't going too well right now, I feel like I'm not relaxing the way I wanted to in a free semester. My time gets either clogged up with just screwing around or it's super busy and I'm running around too much.

I'm still looking for the somewhere in between. I don't seem to be able to find it. It's sad to admit to myself, but the simple fact of the matter is that I prefer to be irretrievably busy. I thrive when there's lots to do. I get lost in the myriad of nothing when there isn't.

I'm buying a bike this week. Hopefully that will get me back toward the right track. In the meantime I continue to wait to hear from Towson on the Production Coordinator job. I'm really excited about the possibilities that the job carries with it. The idea of being back in the theater is really awesome.

1 comment:

P.Proteus1035 said...

By means of meditation we can teach our minds to be calm and balanced; within this calmness is a richness and a potential, an inner knowledge which can render our lives boundlessly satisfying and meaningful. While the mind may be what traps us in unhealthy patterns of stress and imbalance, it is also the mind which can free us. Through meditation, we can tap the healing qualities of mind. - Tarthang Tulku